Saturday, November 7, 2015

It's been a while...

So, it's been over a year since I posted anything. Why, you ask?

I think because there was a lot of "blow-back" from my first post on spiritual fire insurance (tithing) that people didn't like or didn't understand and was (for many people) an attack on a "sacred-cow" that they didn't want to think about.

So, I've made this past year a focus on God and building an intimacy and relationship with Him. Not that I haven't for more than 25 years, but with the additional insight of striving to become one with my wife and subsequently my children, I have learned that building Zion (first in my marriage) takes more than just a tertiary study, fasting, meditation/prayer and attending church on Sunday - a lot more.



The process has been extremely hard and difficult. The adversary seems to work harder, the resistance and opposition greater. Many times I have felt like I wanted to give up. Just walk away. Just follow my own baser instincts. But I have had too many experiences with God as a personal being - some of which I will share here so my family can have a record - that if I were to do that, I would be cutting off my One True Constant in life. I would have to say it is midnight while standing in the sun at noon day - the ultimate rejection. I didn't want to do that. I choose Him and He chooses me.

That's where my strength has come from when dealing with the challenges that come in marriage, family, work and all my relationships. I just have been working on my relationship with God and it has come to permeate and bless and help my most important other relationships.

So hopefully, as I begin to repost here - whoever reads this will perhaps see as I try and be as articulate and genuine as possible with my insights and experiences - an authenticity and openness/vulnerableness that can be a blessing to your life (I know I'm going from 3rd person to 1st person here...bear with me please). I desire to expound on the scriptures and share spiritual and personal insights I have received.

This is primarily for my children - hoping that a record of my failures and successes can be a blessing to them in their lives or yours (whoever you are).

Think about it from that perspective - written from dad, who has your highest interests in mind, a desire for you all to interact with, engage with, and embrace this God I know as Abba ("Dad"). Nothing is worth more in this world than reconnecting with Him and being in His presence everyday, all the time. He is real. I testify because I have seen His face. He is real. He lives.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment